What is Research?
The goal of research is to enhance scientific knowledge for the
purpose of improving disease diagnosis and patient treatment options.
There are two main types of research, click each to learn more,
clinical drug trials and observational studies.
Our clinical research staff work with patients and
pharmaceutical companies to help find new treatments
for chronic medical conditions.
We offer in-depth medical care and possible solutions.
All our studies are Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) - approved
and overseen by an Arthritis Northwest licensed physician.
If you or a loved one are struggling with an inflammatory or
autoimmune condition, start here to see if you may
qualify for one of our studies
Is Research right for me?
Being a part of a research study is an exciting opportunity to
increase your understanding of your disease.
Reasons to participate might include:
- - You have not tolerated standard treatment.
- - Standard therapy has failed to adequately control your disease.
- - You want to be involved in the advancement of medical knowledge.
Is it safe?
- - The health and safety of our patients is our main priority.
- - You will be looked after by both your physician and study personnel.
- - Medical evaluations, physical exams, and lab work will be
done regularly (at no cost to you!) to provide an up-to-date
picture of your health.
Photo by Kelly Luiten